Stirling Castle





Stirling Castle was my first castle of the trip, so I think I went into it with relatively high expectations. Thankfully, it lived up to most of them, although I will admit I was expecting something much larger. At the entrance, I grabbed the free audio tour, mostly because I think it looks hilarious when people walk around with a perplexed look on their faces as they walk about. The rooms in this castle were much larger than Craigmillar, and more clearly marked. Actors walked about and most of them just stood there unless you asked them questions. My favorite part of this castle was the queens room, because the ceiling was painted elaborately and everything was designed to fit the era from which it came, although it's doubtful that much of it was actually original. I didn't know that so many different people used the castle throughout it's lifetime. I guess I just assumed that one ruler lived there until he died and then it was sold off to someone or something? Stirling was a cool place to walk around for the day, but I probably wouldn't want to stay any longer than just a day trip. We all grabbed a bite to eat on our way back to the center of town at a pub, which I can't remember the name of. Probably due to the fact that my food was just decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment