Arthur's Seat




Any guide book that you happen to pick up will tell you to make the climb up to Arthur's seat, and this is one case where you should listen! Don't think that you're better than the guide book at finding things to do, or that you will find some sort of secret activity where you won't find tourists. Take this opportunity to bask in your tourist-ness and just do it! Pollock Halls is conveniently located right next to Holyrood Park, and Arthur's Seat is essentially our backyard. I'll never forget walking back from class and seeing the sunset over the peak in the skyline. Cheesy as it may be, that is the single image that will stick in my mind after I leave this place. The hike isn't too challenging, but just enough to feel like you got a bit of exercise. I'm kind of afraid of heights, so if i wanted to look around on the way up, I had to stop and sit down, or else I got really dizzy and my legs started to shake. I'm such a wimp. You can see the whole city from the top and there is a cool panoramic map pointing out landmarks in the view. It's really windy, too! There were moments when I literally thought I was going to be blown over. I want to head up there again to watch the sunrise, but my days left in Edinburgh are winding down and I'm not sure if I'll be able to find the time to do so :(

No comments:

Post a Comment