A Compilation of Cultural Differences

I thought it would be interesting to dedicate a post to things I thought were weird/funny/language differences/etc.

1)Toilets instead of Restroom/bathroom
2)Cheers for....well, pretty much anything. It not only means thank you, but also: have a nice day, it's okay, don't worry about it, see you tomorrow...and many more
3)Pulling that little string instead of a light switch
4)You can turn OFF outlets. No more phantom energy being sucked out by your electronics!
5)TONS of cheese. Cheese everywhere. oh, and potatoes.
6)Pregnant women drinking and smoking...?
7)Really powerful hairdryers? Maybe it was just the one I rented from Pollock Halls, but I felt like my hair was being seriously damaged every time I used it
8)To go along with #7, big hair!
9)MAJOR lack of public drinking fountains. Dying of thirst.
10)Everyone in Glasglow sounds like they're drunk/yelling when they speak.
11)A lot of people running places, sometimes not even to catch the bus
12)"A Wee Bit"
13)Females always look like they're ready to take on the world. Their sense in fashion makes me feel like a slob
14)You can buy a single beer out of a 4,6,8 pack
15)Grilled cheese=Toastie
16)No such thing as brewed coffee. It's either espresso, "white coffee", or instant coffee
17)Surveillance everywhere! CCTV cameras on every corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment