The Abbey



A small group of us ended up at this place called The Abbey on South Clerk Street our first night in Edinburgh. There were only a few other people in there, most of them in their 40’s and 50’s. The bartenders were super attentive. They were quick to give us some recommendations for other pubs to visit in the area. I had my first Scottish brew, which I can’t remember the name of, but I was less than impressed. I requested a darker beer, Belhaven’s Best, which really hit the spot. Jaymie, Kevin, and I got a bit lost on the way back to Pollock and ended up exploring a bit. It was only midnight, but the streets were VERY quiet, especially in comparison to Athens. With the assistance of a stranger (everyone is SO friendly here!) we successfully made our way back. This pub ended up being my single most visited establishment in Edinburgh. Their prices are reasonable and it's the closest pub to Pollock Halls.

No comments:

Post a Comment