Get-togethers at Dr. Buckley's



One of my favorite non-academic activities that we did together as a group was the ritual of Thursday pizza nights at Dr. Buckley's flat. We got some amazing pizza from Zaza's with super thin crust, and a ton of toppings. Alex was nice enough to set out some snacks, salads, and dessert along with the pizza. Everyone went crazy for the potato pizza, which WAS really good, but I also enjoyed the vegetable variety. Not only was it nice to get a free meal, but it was something to look forward to after class every week. Even though we only had class three days a week, with all of the walking we did, and spending multiple hours in the classroom at a time, we were more than ready to relax when it was all said and done. It was kind of interesting being able to legally have a beer with my professors, and something that I will miss when I head back to the states. Not to mention, everyone always had a good time watching Owen and his obsession with Natalie and Karl. I hope that students taking part in this program next year get to do something similar and casual like we did- I feel like it was program money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment